Death to win9x?

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 2 20:59:42 CST 2010

On 12/2/10 10:43 AM, André Hentschel wrote:
> Am 02.12.2010 16:11, schrieb James Mckenzie:
>> Should I just go out and find a copy of Windows98SE and VirtualBox to run this on?  Your reply makes it sound like the Wine program just does not care if Windows9x functionality does not matter, it does.
> Shutting down the test does not necessary meens wine will break the 9x stuff over time. actually we just always need to do something like skip() or broken() and that's nothing else as ignoring the test results of 9x and as you still play that game i guess wine still works here.
True, but what happens IF the game stops working?  Will a bug report
with regression test be accepted or will it be rejected?

You can see there is a little fear if we stop testing Windows9x
completely.  However, if we move the Windows9x VMs out of the way so we
can concentrate on current versions, that is a good idea as some
functionality of the current Windows versions does not exist or is
vastly different.

James McKenzie