How to deal with variables where the size differs for 32 and 64bit

Paul Vriens at
Sun Dec 5 14:05:13 CST 2010

Just found the fix for the oledb32:convert tests on 64bit. We need to
adjust our oledb.idl (see patch attached).

How should I deal with the ok() messages where we currently specify the
32bit variant? I mean this will of course introduce warnings on the
64bit side.

Do I need to create a wrapper for the ok() messages, with a _WIN64 check
somewhere? Or use a different printf format identifier?

The same is also true for the TRACE() messages in our implementation.