Wine and serial port AGAIN

Pavel Troller patrol at sinus.cz
Sat Dec 18 01:20:39 CST 2010

> On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 8:42 AM, Wolfram Sang <wolfram at the-dreams.de> wrote:
>
> > > OT:
> > >
> > http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=commit;h=0bca1b913affbd7e2fdaffee62a499659a466eb5
> > >
> > http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=commit;h=d281da7ff6f70efca0553c288bb883e8605b3862
> > >
> > > This is kernel related :P
> >
> > Ehrm, where does that add a handler for pl2303.c?
> >

> I just made a patch for it.
> Its not there in the kernel yet.
> I need someone to test it.

Hi Vijay!
  IT WORKS!!! It REALLY works! Sorry for yelling, but it's really working!
I've used the 2.6.36 version, which Vijay sent me privately, after adding a
missing semicolon it compiled cleanly and since the first attempt, the program
writes the radio PERFECTLY! It's even better than on windows, because on my
colleague's computer, attempt to program the radio always gives error for
the first time and one must click "Retry". The second attempt is then OK. Here,
it works without any glitch!
  So, really many thanks to Vijay and all the experts here, which found the
real cause of this problem! And sorry for blaming wine, it was not its fault!

With regards,
  Pavel