TestBot changes

Greg Geldorp ggeldorp at vmware.com
Sun Dec 19 11:34:38 CST 2010

I've made some changes to TestBot over the last week. The most important change is the addition of an extra physical server. About half of the VMs have been moved over to this new server. This should speed up testing a bit. Other changes include upgrading the hypervisor to ESX 4.1, applying Windows Update patches to various VMs and fixing some problems in the TestBot scripts. I'll probably continue tweaking things for the next week or so, which means there can be unexpected failures.

For those interested in the setup of TestBot, it currently consists of 3 physical machines:
1) Dell PowerEdge SC1435, quad-core AMD Opteron 2.2GHz, 16GB memory, 1.4TB storage, running VMware ESX 4.1. Hosts about half of the NT4+ VMs plus the website/engine VM.
2) Dell PowerEdge R310, quad-core Intel Xeon X3430 2.4GHz, 16GB memory, 550GB storage, running VMware ESX 4.1. Hosts the other half of the NT4+ VMs. This is the new machine.
3) Whitebox, quad-core Intel Core i7 975 3.33GHz, 6GB memory, 450GB storage, running VMware Server on top of openSuSE 11.3. Hosts the Win9x VMs.

Greg.