64-bit compilation on Ubuntu-Natty -- build-dep script misses two dependencies

cheer_xiao xiaqqaix at gmail.com
Sun Dec 19 22:10:44 CST 2010

Hi Susan,

On Dec 19, 2010 8:59 PM, "Susan Cragin" <susancragin at earthlink.net> wrote:

> I'm compiling from git onto 64-bit Natty, which is in Alpha.
>
> Wine's apt-get build-dep script seems to be missing the following.
>
> configure: OpenCL 32-bit development files not found, OpenCL won't be
supported.
> configure: gstreamer-0.10 base plugins 32-bit development files not found,
gstreamer support disabled

> I was able to find gstreamer but did not find any development files for
OpenCL in the Ubuntu repository. I did install this:
> python-pyopencl
> but still got the warning.
>
> I know it's too early to mention this, since Natty's still in Alpha.

I'm running Ubuntu Lucid and have this problem too. As with Natty, Lucid's
repo has development files for gstreamer, but installing them doesn't
eliminate the warning about gstreamer. Lucid's repo doesn't contain dev
files for OpenCL, either. If I'm not mistaken support for OpenCL was added
recently, as I didn't get that warning several weeks ago.

I guess this problem could be solved simply by compiling some packages and
passing some arguments to ./configure, but as a newbie I'm too looking
forward to an answer.