d3dxcreatebox

Stefan Dösinger stefandoesinger at gmx.at
Sat Dec 25 04:52:43 CST 2010

Am Freitag 24 Dezember 2010, 12:43:30 schrieb David Adam:
> Hello,
>
> is there any problem with the patch for D3DXCreateBox?
> I think it was not commited.
I guess I should have reviewed it, but didn't :-/

Anyway, here is what I found:
* There are some whitespace issues, like trailing spaces and a newline
inserted in struct vertex
* ((DWORD *)ID3DXBuffer_GetBufferPointer(*ppAdjacency))[i] = adjacency[i];
I'd store the buffer pointer in a local variable to make the line simpler

* There are formating changes in D3DXCreateSphere and D3DXCreateCylinder,
although I guess they're ok to keep the formating of those functions similar
to D3DXCreateBox
* expected_adjacency in the test could be made static const
* in the test, memset(..., 0, ...) is prefered over ZeroMemory
* The test doesn't destroy the d3d object if window creation fails.
* The test doesn't delete the buffer it creates with D3DXCreateBuffer