64-bit Notepad2 crashes

Susan Cragin susancragin at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 30 09:30:39 CST 2010

>> >I did a search of the file system.
>> >
>> >Under /usr/local/lib64 I have
>> >libwine.so (link)
>> >libwine.so.1 (link)
>> >libwine.so.1.0
>> >wine [folder}
>> >
>> >Under /usr/local/lib64/wine I have
>> >libwinecrt0.a
>> >libwined3d.def
>>
>> I purged wine yesterday and hand-removed all wine files I could find, including my repository and prefix.
>> And I downloaded yesterday's git.
>> And now I'm getting a different error.
>> wine: error while loading shared libraries: libwine.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
>> This error is for all wine commands, including wine --version
>>
>> I have the same files under /usr/local/lib64
>> but under user/local/lib64/wine I have lots of so's and def's.
>> ??
>
>Is /etc/ld.so.conf listing /usr/local/lib64 ?
>Did you try running "ldconfig" once?
>
>Ciao, Marcus

No, it is not listing it.
It lists only:
include /etc/ld.so.conf.d/*.conf

Then I checked ld.so.conf.d, which is a directory containing the following conf files:
GL
lib32asound2
libasound2
libc
x86_64-linux-gnu

So, I compared those files to those generated with my 32-bit partition. The last file is replaced by the following:
i686-linux-gnu.conf and i-486-linux-gnu.conf

Then I ran ldconfig on the 64-bit, and then tried wine notepad.
I got the following error:
wine: error while loading shared libraries: libwine.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

?Susan