Another tests milestone hit

Greg Geldorp ggeldorp at vmware.com
Fri Dec 31 13:33:48 CST 2010

Today we hit another milestone: the first 0-failure run of the 64-bit tests. All tests passed on both the WXPX64 and W2K3R2SEX64 machines.

Sadly I missed my personal goal of having all tests pass on at least one VM for every Windows version by the end of the year, we still don't have a Win7 machine that passes all tests. I have a partial fix for msctf:inputprocessor (put a "Sleep(2000);" after the call to test_RegisterCategory()) but in spite of spending quite a bit of time on it haven't made much further progress. So anyone with msctf expertise: your help would be greatly appreciated. Same for ole32:clipboard and ole32:usrmarshal.

A big thank you to all the people who contributed tests and fixed existing tests. I think a lot of progress has been made in the month since WineConf and the tests are in much better shape now.

Greg.