New winetricks 20100201: new verbs d3dx10, directx-beta, ddr=, mspaint, multisampling=, rtlm=, sound=disabled, usp10, vc2005hotfix, vc2005load/vc2005save,

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Mon Feb 1 23:01:18 CST 2010

Oh, my, we've been busy.  Lots and lots of improvements.  Runs better
on Windows, too.

Cygwin is kinda broken with current wine, so we've rewound
back to an old version, but you have to copy and paste a URL
from winetricks' output into the mirror selector to use it.  Sigh.

Online as always at
 http://kegel.com/wine/winetricks
or
 http://winezeug.googlecode.com
(Bug reports to the issue tracker at the above URL, please.)

Dan Kegel:

Add AF's speedup to dotnet30 verb; unpack dotnet35 before running its setup.
Remove trailing CR in programfilesdir_win; add vc2005save and vc2005load verbs
fix glaring thinko in how we decided whether to run gksudo (i.e. it
was horribly broken)
Quote more paths
Abort if sudo or gksudo fails
Work around strange NULs in argument to zenity
Internatinalize VirtualCloneDrive code.
Support caching cygwin packages (manually for now)
Finished vc2005hotfix verb
Fixed WINETRICKS_CACHE_WIN value on XP
Make vc2005trial verb work on XP
Make vcrun2005 work on windows.
vc2005trial verb returned before install was really done, tsk.
Fix bad font check
Work around wine bug 21206, fix cygwin for now by using an old copy.
Fix calls to try_regedit to also work on Windows
Fix append_path to work on both Windows and Linux (though maybe not solaris?)

Austin English:
Update shockwave sha1sum
Add d3dx10 verb
Fix icodec url
Add native MSPaint verb. Woohoo stick figures!
Fix permission checkign on symlink'ed $HOME's (issue 88)
Add option to disable sound (Issue 87)
Bump firefox to 3.5.6
Add multisampling enable/disable options
Add directdrawrenderer gdi/opengl options
Add RenderTargetLockMode override options
winetrickstest: move vc2005express to broken, add a note in winetricks
Add directx-beta verb (winver=XP, not 2k). Fixes winezeug 71.

Andrew Nguyen:
Suppress error output from xlsfonts.

Hans Leidekker:
Add usp10 verb