ws2_32: Fix parameter validation order in getpeername.

Andrew Nguyen arethusa26 at
Tue Feb 2 15:58:08 CST 2010

On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 4:58 AM, Alexandre Julliard <julliard at> wrote:
> Andrew Nguyen <arethusa26 at> writes:
>> Invalid pointers appear to be handled by getpeername in all versions
>> of Windows, so adding an exception handler seems to be justified.
> It's only justified if there is a real app that passes a bad pointer
> that is not the result of some other Wine bug. Please provide more
> details.
> --
> Alexandre Julliard
> julliard at

Well, I noticed via tests that getpeername returns WSAEFAULT instead
of crashing when invalid pointers are passed. I'm not aware of any app
that does this, and I see your point about exception handling, so I
will resend another version.