Getting start with IXMLHTTPRequest

Nikolay Sivov bunglehead at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 08:08:33 CST 2010

On 2/7/2010 16:45, Hans Leidekker wrote:
> On Sunday 07 February 2010 14:28:37 Nikolay Sivov wrote:
>

>> Recently I tried to start with this interface. It looks trivial enough
>> but since it's first time i'm using winhttp,
>> there could be some problems, especially cause IXMLHTTPRequest supports
>> asynchronous requests.
>>
>> Could someone with winhttp knowledge review this patch before it goes to
>> far from reality?
>>
>> P.S. any comments are welcome actually.
>>
> Last time this came up Jacek suggested to use urlmon instead of winhttp,
> which may already handle asynchronous requests.
>
>   -Hans

Such things:
---
static HRESULT WINAPI HttpInfo_QueryInfo(IWinInetHttpInfo *iface, DWORD
dwOption,
         void *pBuffer, DWORD *pcbBuffer, DWORD *pdwFlags, DWORD
*pdwReserved)
{
     HttpProtocol *This = INETINFO_THIS(iface);
     FIXME("(%p)->(%x %p %p %p %p)\n", This, dwOption, pBuffer,
pcbBuffer, pdwFlags, pdwReserved);
     return E_NOTIMPL;
}
---
static HRESULT WINAPI HttpProtocol_Abort(IInternetProtocol *iface,
HRESULT hrReason,
         DWORD dwOptions)
{
     HttpProtocol *This = PROTOCOL_THIS(iface);
     FIXME("(%p)->(%08x %08x)\n", This, hrReason, dwOptions);
     return E_NOTIMPL;
}
---
make me think it's not ready. Also IXMLHTTPRequest methods look to
directly map tp Winhttp calls.
For example how can I implement IXMLHTTPRequest::setRequestHeader() with
urlmon?

Btw, what was a reason for using it?