Getting start with IXMLHTTPRequest

Hans Leidekker hans at codeweavers.com
Sun Feb 7 08:57:53 CST 2010

On Sunday 07 February 2010 15:08:33 Nikolay Sivov wrote:

> Such things:
> ---
> static HRESULT WINAPI HttpProtocol_Abort(IInternetProtocol *iface,
> HRESULT hrReason,
>          DWORD dwOptions)
> {
>      HttpProtocol *This = PROTOCOL_THIS(iface);
>      FIXME("(%p)->(%08x %08x)\n", This, hrReason, dwOptions);
>      return E_NOTIMPL;
> }
> ---
> make me think it's not ready. Also IXMLHTTPRequest methods look to
> directly map tp Winhttp calls.

Sure there are stubs, but implementing those should not be much different
from what you've written now. The question is, does urlmon map better to
IXMLHTTPRequest than winhttp?

> For example how can I implement IXMLHTTPRequest::setRequestHeader() with
> urlmon?

Now this might be a good reason to go with winhttp instead of urlmon.
In that case the (unimplemented) WinHttpRequest object is probably a
better fit than the C interface.

> Btw, what was a reason for using it?

I think it's just a matter of trying to avoid code duplication.

 -Hans