[1/3] d3dx9: Partial implementation of D3DXAssembleShader function. [try 3]

Matteo Bruni matteo.mystral at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 14:51:20 CST 2010

2010/2/8 Stefan Dösinger <stefandoesinger at gmx.at>:

> Am 08.02.2010 um 16:33 schrieb Matteo Bruni:
>
>> Other than the things Henri last mentioned, there are some more small
>> changes (make some struct const/static, whitespace fixes, remove some
>> useless cruft, ...) particularly in patches 2 and 3.
>> <0001-d3dx9-Partial-implementation-of-D3DXAssembleShader-fun.txt>
> Henri is on holidays this week(I think), here are 3 things I noticed:
>
>> +    static const struct wpp_callbacks wpp_callbacks = {
>> +        wpp_lookup_mem,
>> +        wpp_open_mem,
> The placement of the { is not consistent with the rest of the patch
> (and the entire patch 1 is inconsistent with patch 2 and 3). It seems to me the predominant style in d3dx9 is the one used by patch 1, although there are some inconsistencies.

In this case the '{' should go on its own line, sure. In general in
shader.c I tried to keep the style already used there, while in the
shader assembler files the style is different (although it should be
consistent on itself).
Let me know if you believe I should use everywhere the style used in shader.c.

>> +void wpp_write_message(const char *fmt, va_list args)
>> +{
> Unless I am missing some wpp magic here you can make this function(and others) static as well.

Er, yes, some other statics missing...

>> + * Copyright 2009 Matteo Bruni
> Maybe make this 2009-2010?

Well, in 2010 I've only done little changes. The real development on
this was in 2009. What's the policy in these cases? I believe I can
put the 2010 safely.