Wine FIXME Report January 2010
fgouget at free.fr
Mon Feb 8 17:01:39 CST 2010
I'm pretty sure if I read the code I would understand this report better
but I was not curious enough and unfortunately that means I'm pretty
It seems the data is sliced three ways:
* The Most Popular Messages
- Based on the name it sounds like someone voted on them, but then
the definition says they 'are the most prevalent' which sounds like
they are just the most frequent ones.
- So I look at the number of lines where they show up and the number
one shows up in just 119 lines, while some way down it seems there
are some that show up in hundreds of thousands of lines. So I'm
- It also does not help that the order of the Files and Lines column
is reversed compared to all the other sections.
* Noisy Popular Messages / Functions
- So here the definition says they 'show up at least in 1% of the
collected reports', so it sounds like it's the messages/functions
that impact the most reports. So it's most frequent per report
- They are still sorted by Line count though. Shouldn't they be
sorted some other way?
- Is there a difference between a file and a report?
* The Top Ten Single Charts
- These really look like they are the most frequent by line count
(based on the line count). But I have some doubts.
Francois Gouget <fgouget at free.fr> http://fgouget.free.fr/
In a world without fences who needs Gates?
More information about the wine-devel