problem with wine

David Adam david.adam.cnrs at
Mon Feb 8 19:35:44 CST 2010

since one month I have problem with Wine. With the wine-git or the
Wine binary provided by Mandriva, since I try to launch any
application I have the following message:

[david at Thakur Téléchargement]$ wine t3_demo_uk.exe
err:process:__wine_kernel_init boot event wait timed out
err:seh:raise_exception Exception frame is not in stack limits =>
unable to dispatch exception.
[david at Thakur Téléchargement]$

That happens for any application. Obviously, the application does not start.

But for builtin application, everything is fine.  For instance, wine
notepad works fine.

Any clue to fix my problem?