Wine FIXME Report January 2010

Michael Stefaniuc mstefani at redhat.com
Tue Feb 9 15:50:18 CST 2010

On 02/09/2010 10:25 PM, Vincent Povirk wrote:
>> Actually it is fairly "trivial". Of course not from the statistics but from
>> the source code.
>
> The source code isn't an accurate indication of which issues have been
> solved either. If I add a new case to a switch statement or register a
For a lot of the messages it will be good enough.

> new CLSID, it'll stop some messages from appearing, but the ERR/FIXME
> statements won't disappear. And "this value is not yet handled" is a
> pretty common sort of message.
If the messages stop appearing or they appear less often they will loose
their "good placement" in the Wine FIXME statistics or even drop out of
sight.

Of course the source code approach has other limitations like missing
spelling fixes in the format string, whitespace fixes, etc. But for this
task where 100% accuracy isn't needed it is good enough.

bye
	michael