Current status of XI2 mouse stuff now that Lucid Lynx includes XI2?

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Sun Feb 14 18:13:35 CST 2010

I recall that Paul Hampson did a first cut at using XI2,
linked to from the bottom of http://wiki.winehq.org/DInput,
and http://wiki.winehq.org/Bug6971 says "the new XInput2 X11 extension
(which is part of XOrg 7.5) provides relative mouse motion events.
Once this extension is more common, we will be able to fix Wine properly."
Well, here it is, and XI2 is said to be included in Ubuntu Lucid Lynx Alpha 2;
so it's about to get a lot more common.
Has anybody tried it out lately?  What's Paul's status?

Incidentally, I just noticed a page about how somebody
made the transition to XI2 on another project, see
http://www.clearchain.com/blog/posts/xinput-1-xinput-2-conversion-guide
- Dan