mciwave: Stub a boundary case in Save.

Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com
Tue Feb 16 09:46:06 CST 2010

Dmitry Timoshkov wrote:

>Please don't change the indentation style of the code.
Oops!
>Also, it's not clear to me why you have removed the MCI_WAIT fixme,
Because there's nothing to fix. My tests revealed
no difference w/ or w/o WAIT flag.

> added MCI_WAIT to mciStop,
It doesn't actually matter, since WAIT is ignored in Stop and
it is synchronous anyway (currently), but I wanted to make it
crystal clear that Save should wait for the completion
of the Stop command before accessing the buffers.

> and treat hFile == 0 as a zero-length sample.
That's the state of the MCI prior to the record command;
only "Record" will create a (temp) file in Wine.
Yet "Open new; Save" must work. That is the boundary case
that my (yet unreleased) tests trigger.
The native MCI then creates a formaly correct .wav file with the current
format and a zero-length sample embedded therein. Funny, isn't it?

Regards,
 Jörg Höhle