comctl32: listview should accept both unicode and ansi notifications.

Nikolay Sivov bunglehead at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 10:25:47 CST 2010

On 2/18/2010 15:46, Dmitry Timoshkov wrote:
> Listview receives notifications not only from built-in header control,
> but also from custom or subclassed application controls, there is no
> need to assert(0) on application input, printing a FIXME is the maximum
> we can do on an unknown input.

The question actually is how does it react on it. Your test only check
for return value and most
likely doesn't use this conversion path (I'm not sure). The this is so
strict probably was that
we set notification format when header query for it, and we expect
proper codes after that.
Anyway change looks a bit confusing cause logically we shouldn't convert
to ansi if we have ansi already.
> Added test case passes under XP, but listview in Wine intentionally
> crashes itself on an absolutely valid input.

Yes, FIXME is ok here.