SDL for DirectDraw

Roderick Colenbrander thunderbird2k at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 17:26:34 CST 2010

Our DirectDraw implementation is good. Sure there are performance
issues in some cases but those can be fixed. SDL is not suited for
DirectDraw emulation because it doesn't offer all the functionality we
need. Second, SDL on Linux uses X11 and other APIs directly. Games
running on Wine use win32 APIs for window creation and other tasks
which doesn't work with Linux SDL.

Roderick