[rfc] initial conformance test for programs/cmd

Eric Pouech eric.pouech at orange.fr
Sat Jan 2 07:25:35 CST 2010

Dan Kegel a écrit :
> How's this look?  I've only tested it lightly, but it should
> be pretty close; with this, "make test" ought to recurse
> down into programs/cmd/tests and run the cmd tests, too.
>
> Shortcomings:
> - I don't think I need chomp() in tests/cmd.c anymore, that was a workaround
> - I think I can turn on echo again in tests/*.cmd, that was another workaround
> - I have yet to add a way to specify that a test is todo_wine
>
> Feedback welcome.  I'll try to submit something tomorrow
> that takes care of the above known issues and any issues
> anyone else points out.
>
> (I'm actually kind of amazed the build machinery changes work,
> I didn't really take the time to understand all of the gears and pulleys.)

what I don't like in current design:
- it requires external files to the generic .c file (but putting it into
a resource would do)
- but more importantly, you cannot simply have a result that depends on
some test conditions or previous results (for example "date"...)
- also it won't allow to use some "interactive" features of cmd (like
filename completion on tab)

so I'd better like an approach where you decide, command by command,
which input strings you send to cmd and how to interpret the final
result out of the shell. the file approach you're currently using could
be of course implemented on top of this first layer

A+

--
Eric Pouech
"The problem with designing something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of a complete idiot." (Douglas Adams)