Wine FIXME Report 2009 Aug - Dec

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 5 19:25:35 CST 2010

Reece Dunn wrote:
> 2010/1/6 James McKenzie <jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net>:
>
>> Reece Dunn wrote:

>>> DllCanUnloadNow is a hint to the operating system to know if it can
>>> free the library, unloading it from memory. It is fine for this to
>>> always return S_FALSE (i.e. never unload) -- I believe there was
>>> discussion around this for mshtml, shdocvw or similar DLL.
>>>

>> Just my 2eurocent here, but this is very ugly and misleading to the
>> average Wine user (including me.)  It might be a good idea to clear this
>> one up if possible.
>>

> What do you mean?
>
> Do you mean something like
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms690368%28VS.85%29.aspx for
> an explanation?

Nice read, but what I was saying and should have said, is if there is no
possible way of implementing this function in Wine, then the fixme
should not appear.  If there is a way of implementing it, then the fixme
should remain.

I don't know if it is possible to implement this function in Wine given
its differences from Windows and that it is an API only layering.

James McKenzie