The (Casual) Game Support Report in Wine (Jan 2009)

Christian Costa titan.costa at wanadoo.fr
Wed Jan 6 03:21:56 CST 2010

Reece Dunn a écrit :
> 2010/1/6 Christian Costa <titan.costa at wanadoo.fr>:
>
>> Reece Dunn a écrit :
>>
>>>  1/  the games themselves tend to work very well (and have done for a
>>> long while now thanks to the great work CodeWeavers did in getting
>>> DirectDraw and Direct3D working);
>>>
>> While you are at in, you can also thanks people that worked in this area in
>> their spare time.
>>

> I didn't mean to slight the non-CodeWeavers contributers (like you) to
> wine and DirectDraw/Direct3D -- everyone has done (and continues to
> do) amazing work. So thank you all.
>
> Everyone who has worked on wine in one form or other (be it in
> implementing functionality, fixing bugs, fixing tests, triaging bugs,
> testing applications and filing useful bug reports, translating,
> working on the artwork, performing cleanups and simplifying the code,
> addressing valgrind/coverity issues, ...) have helped to make wine
> what it is today.
>
> - Reece

Seems it was misleading. I just wanted to point out that there was a
pretty correct implementation
of direct3D and ddraw up to d3d8 before CodeWeavers decided to focus on
games. That said this is very
nice what has been achieved recently in this area by current d3d
developpers. But we shouldn't forget either that
these are also all small contributions in all different areas that help
games work correctly.
So thanks to all of you and why I'm at it I wish you a happy new year !

A+
Christian