user32: Do not allow a change of capture if the currently capture window is a menu unless explicitly specified (try2)

Alexandre Julliard julliard at
Mon Jan 11 14:00:15 CST 2010

Peter Dons Tychsen <donpedro at> writes:

>> Simply use wine_server_call instead of wine_server_call_err.
> That is my point. That will not work. The existing the error codes
> *should* be translated, but this new one should not. So if i use
> wine_server_call i would have to filter which ones to translate
> manually.

Is there actually an app that depends on this?  user32 functions don't
handle last error consistently so it seems pretty unlikely that anything
would depend on this.

> But if you want me to do this, then what NT error code should the server
> use? I imagine that no matter what unused error code i selected the
> response would be "this error code i not meant for that purpose" (which
> would probably be right as there is no error code for this purpose).

If there's no appropriate code just use some generic error like "access
denied" or "invalid parameter".

Alexandre Julliard
julliard at