Winetest: What to do if NT4 behaves other then W2k and up

Paul Vriens paul.vriens.wine at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 04:22:12 CST 2010

On 01/17/2010 01:35 AM, Austin English wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 16, 2010 at 1:06 PM, Uwe Bonnes
> <bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de>  wrote:
>>
>> Wine Bug 21292 shows a problem with
>> CreateFileA("bla/n", GENERIC_READ, FILE_SHARE_READ | FILE_SHARE_WRITE,
>>   NULL, OPEN_ALWAYS, FILE_ATTRIBUTE_NORMAL, NULL)
>>
>> All winebot systems beside WNT4WSSP6 return ERROR_INVALID_NAME 123L, while
>> wine and NT4 happily open the file. How to proceed?
>
> Sounds like you should use the broken() macro...

broken() won't work as the test does not succeed on Wine.

Just to have the tests pass we need a todo_wine() and a broken()
construct. I do however think that Uwe is talking about how to handle
our implementation.

I've tested your patch and Win9x/WinMe are fine. I'd say if only NT4 is
wrong here we should mark NT4 broken() in the tests and adjust our
implementation to follow the XP results.

--
Cheers,

Paul.