[6/10] winemapi: Add MAPIInitialize implementation.

Andrew Nguyen arethusa26 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 08:57:55 CST 2010

On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 8:46 AM, Alexandre Julliard <julliard at winehq.org> wrote:
> Andrew Nguyen <arethusa26 at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> This seemed to be the easiest and most trivial way to allow
>> MAPIInitialize to succeed in the tests, which will be added in the
>> next several patches.
>
> That doesn't seem right. The tests should be able to work without an
> extended provider.
>
> --
> Alexandre Julliard
> julliard at winehq.org

Yes, the mapi32 prop and util tests on Wine don't require the extended
MAPI provider, but on Windows a MAPI provider must exist in order for
initialization to succeed. Without a provider, NT platforms simply
skip:

prop.c:1380: Tests skipped: ScInitMapiUtil is not implemented

Currently, the unit tests do this with ScInitMapiUtil, but the problem
with this approach is that on systems with the Outlook extended MAPI
provider, initialization with ScInitMapiUtil result in some tests
triggering a crash within the provider. I've tried to deal with this
by having the tests initialize with MAPIInitialize, and to make the
tests pass on Wine also I added the MAPIInitialize function to the
winemapi provider. Is my approach the best way to achieve the task, or
should I be doing something else?