Student Interested in Google Summer of Code 2010

Michael Stefaniuc mstefani at redhat.com
Wed Jan 27 08:36:57 CST 2010

Tom Wickline wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 8:32 PM, Paul Vriens <paul.vriens.wine at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Not sure how new it is, but it looks like 2.5.33 is the minimum:
>>
>> http://source.winehq.org/git/wine.git/?a=commitdiff;h=ce30733337e55d76c3870f5724cd995e980e4756
>>
>> --
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Paul.

> The version check fails on FreeBSD 8 even tho flex-2.5.35_3 is
> installed from ports.
>
> # flex --version
> flex version 2.5.4
Tom, that is the prediluvian flex version. 2.5.35 is way newer than 2.5.4

> The version check passes on Linux and OpenSolaris but FreeBSD has a
> harder time with it.
If your flex --version returns 2.5.4 than it is too old.

> Gerald has a workaround for this.. Shall I call it a bug? since a
The configure check doesn't checks the version number but a
functionality that was implemented after 2.5.4. If that check fails on
FreeBSD it means the flex version is too old.

> newer version is actually installed but the version check fails.
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/emulators/wine/Makefile?rev=1.320;content-type=text%2Fplain
>
> But if you download the Wine source and try to compile your out of
> luck unless you remove the version check from configure, which is what
> Ive done as a temporary fix.
That doesn't make much sense as the Wine compilation should fail as the
configure check uses a flex feature used in Wine from the commit
e470475151692bd498124f1d3a7e2fca4be9092a. That is in wpp so it should
die pretty soon during the build.

bye
	michael