Student Interested in Google Summer of Code 2010

Tony Wasserka tony.wasserka at
Thu Jan 28 13:25:31 CST 2010

Am 28.01.2010 19:46, schrieb Loïc Hoguin:
> If a student wishes to do the integration work as a SoC project, then
> I'll step down. It'll certainly be more helpful for a student than for
> me. I can find another project to work on in that case.
Not sure whether integration of my work is still worth a whole SoC, but
why not.

> My main motivation about it is that I have 3 games which are using only
> a small subset of the D3DX functions: textures and math. The math is
> already done, so all that remains is the texture code. Specifically, the
> following functions:
> D3DXLoadSurfaceFromSurface
> D3DXLoadSurfaceFromFileInMemory
> D3DXCreateTextureFromFileInMemoryEx
> D3DXLoadSurfaceFromMemory
> D3DXCreateTexture
Just btw, those depend on D3DXGetImageInfoFromMemory, D3DXFilterTexture,
D3DXCreateTexture and possibly others I can't think of right now.
D3DXFilterTexture is quite trivial, but the other two also add a notable
effort. On the other hand, I have written the neccessary code for all
three already though, it's just that I don't have that many WIC codecs, yet.

> I don't think I have a game that uses the mesh code so, sorry, I have no
> interest about that.
Yeah, meshes are handled internally most times, but they were neccessary
for the DX SDK samples, in the first place.

Best regards, Tony