(Resent) Documentation - Reference to MSDN?

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Thu Jul 1 12:26:02 CDT 2010

Erich Hoover <ehoover at mines.edu> writes:

> Obviously this is a big task and it's not something that is going to
> happen overnight, but I think that such a wiki could provide a useful
> service to the Wine community.  My primary concern here is
> participation, since if there's little or no participation it will
> never grow to the magnitude that's necessary for it to be a helpful
> resource.  So, I guess I'm saying that if there's at least some chance
> of embedding URLs in the source that will direct people to this
> documentation then I'd feel much more comfortable investing my free
> time in setting something up.

We can have pointers on the website or the README, and we can probably
find a way to have doc links in the lxref source browser. We certainly
don't want a URL in front of each function in the source, it will be a
major pain when they change (and trust me, they will). Just make sure
that your pages are properly indexed by Google.

Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org