Documentation - Reference to MSDN?

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at
Thu Jul 1 21:44:49 CDT 2010

Vitaliy Margolen wrote:
> On 06/30/2010 09:22 AM, Max TenEyck Woodbury wrote:
>> 1) Would including the URL of the MSDN article be useful/a good idea?
> No. Microsoft in all these years haven't figured out how to create permanent
> links. All, and I really mean it _ALL_ URLS on MSDN had changed at least
> once a year.
They have learned well from IBM.  I have links that I use at work that
change on an almost weekly basis.
>> 2) Would enumerating coded values and flags be allowed?
> That's what headers are for.
Correct.  However, if a flag is used in more than one place, it would be
'nice' to annotate that the flag/enumeration does exist.  Saves
embarrassing and unnecessary patch submissions....

>> 3) Where should data structures be documented?
> On MSDN. Wine is an implementation of API not the spec.
I agree.  The functions and their calls/results are what we are
interested in.  We don't care how M$ got there, we are on a different path.

James McKenzie