back from Russia... learning d3dx9

Matteo Bruni matteo.mystral at gmail.com
Tue Jul 6 08:10:41 CDT 2010

2010/7/6 Misha Koshelev <misha680 at gmail.com>:
> Thank you for the well wishes James and Dan. Will def keep the test bot in
> mind.

Unfortunately no WineTestBot machine has any d3dx9_xx.dll installed
(or so it was last time I checked), so no luck there. I don't know if
it's possible to install the latest DirectX SDK there: in principle
there should be no problem, even if WineTestBot computers are VMs, to
test at least a subset of the D3DX API on them (I'm thinking about
mesh, math, effects functions, and by the way my beloved shader
assembler and compiler functions ;)).
Anyway basic testing of D3DX functions is actually doable even without
WineTestBot or a Windows installation at hand. d3dx9_xx.dlls are
mostly self-contained, you can put native version into your wineprefix
(e.g. by installing latest DX SDK under Wine) and, by enabling or
disabling native version, you can test native implementation and
compare it to your own.

Thank you for working on Wine!