back from Russia... learning d3dx9

Misha Koshelev misha680 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 6 09:29:49 CDT 2010

On Tue, 2010-07-06 at 15:10 +0200, Matteo Bruni wrote:
> 2010/7/6 Misha Koshelev <misha680 at gmail.com>:
> > Thank you for the well wishes James and Dan. Will def keep the test bot in
> > mind.
>
> Unfortunately no WineTestBot machine has any d3dx9_xx.dll installed
> (or so it was last time I checked), so no luck there. I don't know if
> it's possible to install the latest DirectX SDK there: in principle
> there should be no problem, even if WineTestBot computers are VMs, to
> test at least a subset of the D3DX API on them (I'm thinking about
> mesh, math, effects functions, and by the way my beloved shader
> assembler and compiler functions ;)).
> Anyway basic testing of D3DX functions is actually doable even without
> WineTestBot or a Windows installation at hand. d3dx9_xx.dlls are
> mostly self-contained, you can put native version into your wineprefix
> (e.g. by installing latest DX SDK under Wine) and, by enabling or
> disabling native version, you can test native implementation and
> compare it to your own.
>
> Thank you for working on Wine!

Thank you so much for the explanation. It is very much appreciated.

For now crosstest using Windows XP seems to be working quite well
(VMWared), and I will continue to do so until I find that it does not
meet my needs.

As 1.2 still seems at least (days I hope :) ) away, I have started my
own fork for now:

git://github.com/misha680/wine.git

Hope to have some nice goodies soon!

Misha