d3d9/tests: Add test for surface format conversion

Bjørnar Hansen tilbjornar at gmail.com
Wed Jul 7 05:32:06 CDT 2010

On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 23:00, Henri Verbeet <hverbeet at gmail.com> wrote:
> Depends. What are you trying to prove / find out with this test?

I started out by testing the Frameranger demo in Wine. A fixme printed
was that conversion from D3DFMT_A16B16G16R16F to D3DFMT_A8R8G8B8 was
unimplemented, so I implemented that. Then I tested it successfully
both on Wine and Windows.

However, as Wine is in code freeze right now I decided to only send a
patch with tests for the existing format conversions.

Right now I am a little confused, as the Microsoft reference does not
mention conversion from D3DFMT_A16B16G16R16F to D3DFMT_A8R8G8B8.

Also, to fix the Frameranger demo: Would it be better to make it avoid
software blitting entirely?