mapi32: Add Gaelic resource (try4)

Michael Stefaniuc mstefani at redhat.com
Wed Jul 7 05:45:15 CDT 2010

GOUJON Alexandre wrote:
> On 07/06/2010 11:51 PM, Michael Stefaniuc wrote:
>> Did you test it with a fresh branch? You don't even need a named
>> branch for that; one with the detached HEAD works as well for the test:
>> - git checkout origin/master
>> - git am $email
>
> I'm not an expert but here is what I do in these cases:
> git reset --hard origin #remove any change
> git status #to see if you have a clean directory, if not rm or mv all
> you want
> git pull #update
The first two steps are dangerous as you can loose work with them.
If you want a pristine git tree just create a throw away one; it is faster:
git clone --reference=$path_to_your_normal_wine_git_dir
git://source.winehq.org/git/wine.git wine-upstream-test
The --reference will make sure to reuse the object files in your normal
Wine git tree. That's what I use for regression hunts as it allows me to
have multiple regressions going on at the same time.

> git apply /path/to/your.patch
git am is better for this type of test as it tests more than just if the
diff applies. And it automatically deals with the encoding of the patch
in the email if you are trying to reproduce why the patch you submitted
didn't apply for Alexandre.

> You should also have a look at http://wiki.winehq.org/GitWine (^D it,
> very useful)
Yes, but a little "outdated". The stuff described there still works but
the git porcelain learned new stuff that improved some work flow a lot.
E.g. "git rebase -i" and "git add -p" are very useful commands.

bye
	michael