kernel32: Loosen trailing \ requirement on GetVolumeInformationAW.

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Thu Jul 8 08:54:34 CDT 2010

<Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com> writes:

> C:\>d:
> D:\foo>d:\bar\zot\kernel32_test.exe volume # from testbot job #3225
> volume.c:328: Test failed: GetVolumeInformationA w/o '\' did not fail, last error 3735928559
> volume: 285 tests executed (0 marked as todo, 1 failure), 0 skipped.
>
> I.e. the test fails (GetVolumeInformation succeeds) when the "active" directory
> on C: is \, regardless of my current directory being anywhere on another drive.
> Whether my current directory is a root or not does not matter (unless I'm in C:\).

Most likely the implementation should just do an open_device_root() like
the other volume functions. However, the corresponding ntdll functions
to retrieve volume information from a file handle are not implemented
yet, so it will be a bit of work.

In any case, if you think the existing tests are not good enough, you
can certainly add more of them to clarify things. But any proposed patch
has to pass the existing tests, plus of course any new ones.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org