List of Video cards in directx.c

Seth Shelnutt shelnutt2 at
Sat Jul 10 09:22:58 CDT 2010

I'm not sure if this is appropriate for a code freeze or not but I think it
is. We just ran into an issue with the folding gpu client in wine with
someone. Turns out it's because wine reports the card as a 8300 not an 8500.
Looking at directx.c I see that that is probably because an 8500 is not
listed. I've got a patch to add the single line for 8500 but I was
wondering, would it not be beneficial to add a list of all graphic cards
dating back to a certain point? There are even less ATI cards listed than
Nvidia. All that is required is going to say wikipedia or Nvidia/ and
just go through the list of the cards.

Seth Shelnutt