List of Video cards in directx.c

Henri Verbeet hverbeet at gmail.com
Sat Jul 10 10:57:21 CDT 2010

On 10 July 2010 16:22, Seth Shelnutt <shelnutt2 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm not sure if this is appropriate for a code freeze or not but I think it
> is. We just ran into an issue with the folding gpu client in wine with
> someone. Turns out it's because wine reports the card as a 8300 not an 8500.
What kind of issue? (Just curious.)

> Looking at directx.c I see that that is probably because an 8500 is not
> listed. I've got a patch to add the single line for 8500 but I was
> wondering, would it not be beneficial to add a list of all graphic cards
> dating back to a certain point? There are even less ATI cards listed than
> Nvidia. All that is required is going to say wikipedia or Nvidia/Ati.com and
> just go through the list of the cards.

Maybe. It's not quite as trivial as you make it sound though. You'd
need a good mechanism to keep the list up-to-date, and note that we
match against the GL_RENDERER string returned by the OpenGL driver.
That isn't necessarily the same as the card's product name, and may
differ between different drivers for the same card. (E.g. Mesa r300
vs. Mesa r300g vs. fglrx vs. OS X).