List of Video cards in directx.c

Ben Klein shacklein at gmail.com
Sat Jul 10 21:11:00 CDT 2010

On 11 July 2010 11:30, Seth Shelnutt <shelnutt2 at gmail.com> wrote:
> The gl_ati_meminfo extension has been around longer than
> the Nvidia extension so it should have an even greater presence (since
> catalyst 9.2). Anyone who has a 3xxx or newer from ATI or a 4xx from Nvidia
> is guaranteed to have the extension for detecting video memory.

Just re-read this. What? Are you suggesting that Wine should only
support the latest video cards? I'm not sure if there was a Radeon
3000 before the X### series, and Nvidia's only 4## series before GT1##
etc. was the Geforce MX 440 etc.

> even new cards will have to be hard coded in case they are not running the
> proprietary drivers.

This is a good reason for keeping the system the way it is, isn't it?
How many different AMD/ATI drivers are there now that have 3D support
and support the same subsets of cards?