List of Video cards in directx.c

Scott Ritchie scott at open-vote.org
Sun Jul 11 00:21:36 CDT 2010

On 07/10/2010 09:27 PM, Roderick Colenbrander wrote:
> The issue is more complicated than that. We also need the PCI id and
> that's one of the reasons why the code is at is right now.
> GLX_NVX_memory_info / GL_ATI_memory_info only provide the amount of
> video memory. In order to retrieve the pci id you would need
> NV-CONTROL or ATIFGLEXTENSION (the later is undocumented these days).
> We should likely fake the cards and use the GL memory_info extensions
> in the future once they are more mature. For instance
> GL_NVX_memory_info is still experimental (it worked fine for the cases
> I needed it).

Have we made a coherent attempt to document which GL extensions we care
about or are having trouble with, particularly ones that aren't yet part
of the Open GL spec?

If the powers that be knew this was an issue for us, it might become
easier.  We should at least throw it up on a wiki page as a want list -
stuff on http://wiki.winehq.org/FromOtherProjects has a tendency to
happen, eventually.

Thanks,
Scott Ritchie