wine explorer /desktop=Title,0x0 app.exe for fullscreen?

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at
Sun Jul 11 23:01:21 CDT 2010

Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at wrote:
> Hi,
> on MacOS, I've setup winecfg with a default virtual desktop because
> full screen apps generally don't work.
> However, all windowing apps (e.g. notepad, regedit) would benefit from
> not using this desktop window. They nicely open resizable windows when run in full screen.
> The FAQ recommends wine explorer /desktop=Title,800x600 for running
> apps inside windows when fullscreen is the default setting.
> What I need is the exact opposite.
This won't work until Apple/MacQuartz builds an xrandr that works and
works properly.  The fact that Notepad/Regedit/Winecfg work is purely
accidental and may break at any time.

James McKenzie