[RFC] gameux.dll partial implementation

Vincent Povirk madewokherd at gmail.com
Tue Jul 13 10:56:38 CDT 2010

Whew, last one.

_FindGameByGDFBinaryPathInScope doesn't free lpData.

It also never returns S_FALSE, but I see you fixed that later. You
might want to add a test for GetGameStatistics in the case where a
game is installed for all users or not installed at all. That should
exercise the S_FALSE cases, if I understand this.

+    bstrGDFBinaryPath = SysAllocString(binaryGDFPath);
+    if(!bstrGDFBinaryPath)
+        hr = E_OUTOFMEMORY;
+    else
+    {
+        hr = IGameExplorer_VerifyAccess(IGameExplorer_from_impl(This),
bstrGDFBinaryPath, pHasAccess);
+        SysFreeString(bstrGDFBinaryPath);
+    }

Given that VerifyAccess requires a BSTR and CheckAccess does not, it
might make more sense to implement VerifyAccess based on CheckAccess.

As for why you shouldn't use msvcrt, well, I don't have a good answer
for that. I just know seeing it in the makefile doesn't give me a good
feeling, and no one else is using it. I asked in #winehackers and was
told it can interfere with linking to the native libc.