Use of broken()

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at
Thu Jul 15 22:09:05 CDT 2010

I've been making statements on the mailing list about some of the less
documented features of Wine coding.

I've also stated that asking questions is much better than asking
permission....(in a very round about way.)

So here goes:

I am building a test for the EM_FINDWORDBREAK function in riched20.
There are eight different test cases, but I found differences in one of

For the input value 0x85, Windows 7 returns the value 0x14.  Windows
2000 and Windows NT 4 return a zero.  Would it be appropriate to use the
broken() function at this point?  This has been the case for all test
runs against these particular VMs on the testbot.

I thank you in advance for assistance rendered.

James McKenzie