Please remove / block user from bugzilla

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Fri Jul 16 21:56:28 CDT 2010

Michael Stefaniuc wrote:
> Austin English wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 9:30 PM, James McKenzie
>> <jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net> wrote:

>>> I see your point.  However, should it not be sufficient to state a problem
>>> in ten lines or less?  This prevents pasting lengthy logs, statements, etc.
>>> in bugzilla?  I'll go with that number then.
>>>
>> I've often seen 10 exceeded as well. Like earlier discussed, a regex
>> for fixme/err/etc. would be more useful.
>>
> What Austin says. E.g. a git bisect result is at minimum 9 lines long,
> with more than 1 line of changelog it gets longer. And we do want those
> pasted into the comment and not attached.

Again, I agree.  What method do we want to use to prevent the post that
started this long conversation, that is the posting of a 'broken' patch
sequence?

I would say look for "what file to patch" or the actual wording used by
the patch program to state I cannot find the file to patch.

As to the catching of 'fixme/error/trace/etc. I'm for this as well using
regex.  Capture it and post a warning.  Flag the account.  Give a set
number of warnings in a certain time period.  Then lock the account.
The poster will have to ask permission to be allowed to post again.

Does this sound doable and is it permissible?  I don't want folks
walking away because they cannot post, but if they are posting garbage
it doesn't help us.  Also, give them a posting link if they cannot, for
some reason, add attachments.  Sort of like a bugzilla for the Bugzilla
thing.  If something is broken with Bugzilla we certainly should be
interested.

James McKenzie