Sending patches for bug #22918

Misha Koshelev misha680 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 17 07:43:43 CDT 2010

On Fri, 2010-07-16 at 20:08 -0700, James McKenzie wrote:
> Misha Koshelev wrote:
> > Dear All:
> >
> > Congrats on 1.2!
> >
> > I have begun sending my patches from my repository:
> > http://github.com/misha680/wine/commits/master
> >

> Misha:
>
> Might I make a tiny suggestion:  Send in one set of patches and wait for
> AJ's and others feedback.  Make appropriate corrections and then
> resubmit.  Repeat until the first set is accepted and incorporated into
> Wine.  Go back to your remaining patches and make all necessary
> corrections.  This will save your time and reduce the number of
> correction messages.
>
> If you need to, post them to the Wine Developers list, but I remember
> you doing this already.
>
> Seventy patches is a very large number of patches to submit all in one go.
>
> James McKenzie

Thank you very much for your suggestion. I apologize if I was not clear,
I am actually sending 10 patches from my repository, waiting for
comments, then sending 10 more, etc.

I appreciate the hint and will appreciate all the feedback too.

I have already sent some of the patches out for comments (Henri, Dan,
etc. - thank you so much) and so am hoping this will go speedier rather
than not.

In any case, I am waiting to hear from AJ/developers on first 10.
Unfortunately, the test bot failures are due to changes in spec files
not resulting in DLL recompilation :( I believe that with proper dll
recompilation, the errors are a non-issue.

Thank you
Misha

p.s. Do I remember correctly AJ does not commit on weekends?