D3DXCreateTeapot and reverse engineering?

Misha Koshelev misha680 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 18 16:58:25 CDT 2010

On Sun, 2010-07-18 at 14:37 -0700, Dan Kegel wrote:
> IMHO, our criterion is "we only need to implement what apps really need",
> and for the moment, that app probably could live with a stub for
> D3DXCreateTeapot.   When we run into a complaint about
> our lousy teapot, we can create a better one.  So relax,
> just do a stub, and move on to more important things.
>
> Also, as Roderick says, sucking tables out of Windows is
> not ok, for copyright reasons.

Very well. I will only devote a very limited amount of time to looking
at the teapot.

I am currently looking at the GLUT code. They seem to have simplified
this quite a bit compared to Windows data - at which I will not look per
all your comments.

I do not really know much (anything) about OpenGL but have pulled this
code as a combination from:
http://mindfuck.de-brauwer.be/articles/glut/
http://www.it.freebsd.org/pub/Unix/NetBSD/NetBSD-current/xsrc/external/mit/MesaGLUT/dist/src/glut/beos/glut_teapot.c

Any ideas how one could quickly look at the raw vertex buffer data using
OpenGL?

Thank you
Misha