MS compatible interface to xulrunner?

Steven Edwards winehacker at
Mon Jul 19 09:03:34 CDT 2010

Hi Thomas,

On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 9:29 AM, Thomas Kaltenbrunner <tkaltenbrunner at
> wrote:

> Hello,
> I am interested to port the wine interface to the xulrunner back to
> mswindows to access the xulrunner via a IE compatible interface. So it would
> be easy to replace an embedded IE with the gecko-engine.
> After some code browsing I thing it will be some of the "DLLs", especially
> mshtml and shdocvw.
> I just wanted to hear from you an opinion about that project.
> What will be the main changes to the wine code - besides renaming of the
> dlls?
> Where do you see problems?
> Did somebody else worked on that or implemented it already?
Jacek or one of the Wine IE maintainers will have to help answer this but it
seems like if the dlls can currently be built with a Mingw build then it
should 'just work' assuming you use something like a side by side assembly
with the Wine dlls and a bundled Gecko as opposed to the Windows dlls.

Steven Edwards

"There is one thing stronger than all the armies in the world, and that is
an idea whose time has come." - Victor Hugo