ddraw: Allow creating back buffer for pre-DirectX 7 interfaces.

Henri Verbeet hverbeet at gmail.com
Mon Jul 19 14:41:26 CDT 2010

2010/7/19 Oldřich Jedlička <oldium.pro at seznam.cz>:
> I will enhance the log message, no problem here. Should I consider the
> referenced patch as being applied (so that I should base my patch on it)?

Yeah.

> The tests will be a problem, because I don't have the Windows machine as a
> reference. Also `make test` fails on DirectX tests for me because of r600
> driver bug...
>
> When I write CreateSurface tests (for various interfaces), is there a way for
> me to run the tests on Windows? I have a Windows XP machine at work.

As Austin mentioned you can use "make crosstest" if you have a wine32
cross compiler installed. You can also ask people on that bug,
wine-devel, or IRC to run a test for you on native Windows.

Wrt the patch itself, can't you just check for the appropriate flag in
IDirectDraw7Impl_CreateSurface(), and allow it in
IDirectDrawImpl_CreateSurface()? (I.e., avoid adding the
AllowBackBuffer parameter.)