ddraw: Allow creating back buffer for pre-DirectX 7 interfaces.

Oldřich Jedlička oldium.pro at seznam.cz
Mon Jul 19 15:25:49 CDT 2010

On Monday 19 July 2010 21:41:26 Henri Verbeet wrote:
> 2010/7/19 Oldřich Jedlička <oldium.pro at seznam.cz>:
> > I will enhance the log message, no problem here. Should I consider the
> > referenced patch as being applied (so that I should base my patch on it)?
>
> Yeah.

Ok, I will update it according to your changes :-)

> > The tests will be a problem, because I don't have the Windows machine as
> > a reference. Also `make test` fails on DirectX tests for me because of
> > r600 driver bug...
> >
> > When I write CreateSurface tests (for various interfaces), is there a way
> > for me to run the tests on Windows? I have a Windows XP machine at work.
>
> As Austin mentioned you can use "make crosstest" if you have a wine32
> cross compiler installed. You can also ask people on that bug,
> wine-devel, or IRC to run a test for you on native Windows.

I will have a look at this possibility, I've found a nice hint on cross-
compiling for Gentoo at http://wiki.winehq.org/JohnKlehm. It looks like I can
do it myself (for now).

> Wrt the patch itself, can't you just check for the appropriate flag in
> IDirectDraw7Impl_CreateSurface(), and allow it in
> IDirectDrawImpl_CreateSurface()? (I.e., avoid adding the
> AllowBackBuffer parameter.)

I just wanted to keep the debugging messages (dumping DDSD) where they are and
fail afterwards. If I moved the check to the interface-specific function, there
would be no such DDSD dump. But yes, this can be work-around to dump it just
when the back-buffer test fails.

I will send the updated version (without tests for now) tomorrow for more
comments :-)

Thanks,
Oldrich.