Fyi patch submission information on wiki updated for GitHub

Misha Koshelev misha680 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 19 21:59:11 CDT 2010

My apologies, but it seems that only such a convoluted shell script
seems to achieve the correct results for different remotes:

http://wiki.winehq.org/GitWine#head-3fe70b8c0310e61d94ba30fe7edf19bd0630e1ef

If anyone has a simpler solution, I can definitely update.

Unfortunately, the more intuitive
git format-patch -k --stdout HEAD~79..HEAD~78 > /tmp/patch.old

does not seem to result in patches that can be properly applied onto a
different (upstream) remote (see below).

Thank you
Misha

p.s. For the curious I have attached both the patch.old generated using
the command above, as well as the patch generated by:
git format-patch -k -o out --branches --not --remotes=wine-git

I have also attached relevant diff at the very bottom. Output of:
diff /tmp/patch.old out/0001

Thank you

---

misha at misha-d630:~/src/wine-git$ git reset --hard origin
HEAD is now at 15c6057 shlwapi: Implement StrStrNIW.
misha at misha-d630:~/src/wine-git$ git am /tmp/patch.old
Applying: d3dx9: Add tests for D3DXCreateSphere vertex buffer
description.
error: patch failed: dlls/d3dx9_36/tests/mesh.c:489
error: dlls/d3dx9_36/tests/mesh.c: patch does not apply
Patch failed at 0001 d3dx9: Add tests for D3DXCreateSphere vertex buffer
description.
When you have resolved this problem run "git am --resolved".
If you would prefer to skip this patch, instead run "git am --skip".
To restore the original branch and stop patching run "git am --abort".
misha at misha-d630:~/src/wine-git$