wined3d: Add Nvidia 8800GTX detection

Henri Verbeet hverbeet at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 12:55:01 CDT 2010

On 20 July 2010 19:46, Roderick Colenbrander <thunderbird2k at gmail.com> wrote:
> It is quite easy to add some basic support for it (I
> would not use the free video memory code yet) but I'm not sure if we
> want to support this yet since the extension is experimental. If it is
> fine by Henri, I can add it as it would help a lot of users.

Negative on using experimental extensions I'm afraid. Writing a proof
of concept patch is ok, of course, and I'd be willing to review that,
but it can't go in until the extension is finalized. Note that this
wouldn't allow you to get rid of the current code though, you still
need a fallback. It would just allow for more accurate reporting on
cards that do support that extension.